Dec 10 2010
Here’s a simple a reminder of what you probably already know. Carry 1 – 5 in a Ziploc bag with your cell phone in your jersey pocket and the rest in an under seat bag. Why is this important to have these with you on every ride:
1. Insurance Card – Pretty obvious if you need emergency care you’re going to need this info.
2. Automobile Insurance Card – On most policies Uninsured Motorist coverage will cover you should the driver lack insurance or you’re involved in a hit-and-run.
3. Drivers License – Having a photo ID is always helpful, especially if you wind up at Mickey Roo’s after the ride.
4. $10 – Snacks, drinks, a replacement tube, a round at Roo’s. Cash is king.
5. Tire Boot – If you slice your tire on a piece of glass or metal a long way from home, you will be glad you had a proper fix to get you back.
6. Hand warmer – Think “To Build a Fire”. If it’s cold and you flat you’ll be happy. .
7. Multi-tool – Rattling bottle cage, loose pedal, prying the embedded object from you tire – you get the idea.
8. Tube – Even if you can’t change a tire/fix a flat, someone will stop to help you and you need to have your own supplies.
9. CO2 or Mini Pump – You need to be able to inflate your tire and not everyone travels with a pump. Be prepared and carry one. You’ll be glad you did.
10. Road ID – It’s true, you do need to have something beyond your drivers license if you get injured. It’s not just cars. Think road debris, riding partner, deer, be imaginative. Get yours at www.macsharpethbikes.com